Sunday, October 2, 2011
DE-MATERIALIZING THOUGHT
MARY BAKER EDDY, the author of SCIENCE AND HEALTH WITH KEY TO THE SCRIPTURES, states on page 134, line: 28, "There is divine authority for believing in the superiority of spiritual power over material resistance". I equate this declaration with the undoing of matter-based thinking in the process and effort of de-materializing our thoughts while residing here on this earthly plane of existance. I know that that sentence is somewhat long and I suppose ethereal. But that is what I believe we all must do to rid ourselves of the torments and results of an incorrect thinking process. We have need to truly give this effort our all if we are to experience any peace of mind whatsoever. Our acceptance of any thought that is not spiritually cleansed, results in our unrest, our seeming loss of peace in any physical unfoldments that occur. It is a difficult endeavor folks and this I know from experience. It begins in our minds and it must be done while we are given this opportunity in this state of consciousness. We need to devote our waking hours to our happiness and peace and this can only be accomplished by changing our perceptions and belief structures from materialistic concepts to hone in on our true selves, our spiritual knowings, and at least give ourselves the chance to escape from the dominating, irritant, and untrue false thought processes that we subconsciously participate in now. I know that is a hard row to hoe, but we must like John Lennon stated "give peace a chance"--give it our tenacious all! We can do this. And by our efforts we can enjoy at least some measure of harmony and extend that harmony all over this planet, a planet that is bereft of peace. And that accord spreads throughout the universe as well. Thank you again for hearing me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dad I continuously enjoy reading your blogs. This one touches directly my thoughts at the present. Your knowledge of self and your ability to relay that information seemlessly is priceless!
ReplyDelete